|2 large Sweet onions, peeled and quartered. |
1/4 cup Ginger, peeled and sliced.
6 cloves Garlic.
1/2 cup Lemon juice.
1/2 cup Soy sauce.
1 Tbsp. Ground cumin.
1 Tbsp. Ground turmeric.
1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes.
3/4 cup Canola oil.
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped.
12 8-oz. fillets Clear Springs® Clear-Cuts® Natural Trout Fillets.
3 cups Peanut Sauce (recipe below).
3 qt. Prepared jasmine rice.
1-1/2 qt. Steamed fresh vegetables, optional.
|1. Using a food processor, puree onions, ginger and garlic. Add lemon, soy, and spices (except cilantro) and puree again until smooth. |
2. With the motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
3. Remove marinade from processor, stir in cilantro and set aside 1-1/2 cups marinade for use later, as directed.
4. Pour remaining, unreserved marinade over Clear Springs® Clear-Cuts® Natural Trout Fillets in a bowl and toss gently to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate 45-50 minutes to marinate.
5. To Cook Each Fillet: On a very hot, well-oiled grill, place marinated trout fillets flesh-side-down and cook 2-3 minutes, rotating to create crosshatch marks. Turn fillets and finish cooking 2 minutes or until cooked through. (Fillets may also be broiled 4-5 minutes until golden brown and firm.)
6. To Serve: Plate each grilled trout fillet over 1 cup jasmine rice and top with 2 Tbsp. Peanut Sauce*. Serve accompanied by steamed fresh vegetables, if desired.