YIELD: 12 servings
12 unbreaded chicken breast, 4-oz. ea.
1 oz. margarine, melted
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 1/2 oz. whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
6 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
6 oz. swiss cheese, shredded
1 1/2 tsps. grated nutmeg
2 oz. onions, diced
1 Tbsp. crushed garlic in oil
1/3 (#10)can sliced mushrooms, drained fresh parsley, for garnish
1. FOR THE CHICKEN: unfold thawed chicken breast. Brush with margarine.
2. Combine salt, paprika and granulated garlic. Sprinkle each breast lightly with seasoning.
3. Grill chicken on a flat top grill about 5-7 minutes per side or until golden brown.
4. Feather breasts into a 2" steam table pan. set aside.
5. FOR THE SAUCE: Combine sour cream, whipping cream, swiss cheese, feta cheese and nutmeg. Heat slightly to melt cheeses. Reserve. Sautè onions, mushrooms, and garlic until onions are tender-crisp. Combined sautèed vegetables with sauce mixture.
6. Ladle sauce over chicken in pan. Cover with foil. Bake in a conventional oven at 350°F for 45 minutes (convection oven 300°F). Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. Internal temperature must be at least 165°F.
7. TO SERVE: Garnish pan with parsley and serve one breast with sauce, per person.
Recipe and photo submitted by Beverly Rambo, office of culinary services, Miami University, OH