Yield: 16 servings
2 cups pineapple juice
6 oz. brown sugar, packed
2 tsps. cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄4 tsp. food starch
48 oz. frozen apple slices, slightly thawed
as needed pizza dough, cut into 16 4-in circles
as needed egg wash
as needed cinnamon sugar for garnish
1. Place pineapple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and food starch in saucepan and simmer over low heat until slightly
2. Cut apples into 1⁄2” dice. Stir diced apples into mixture; let cool.
3. Place 3 oz. apple mixture into the middle of each circle; brush the rim of the dough with egg wash. Fold dough over mixture to form a half moon; press to seal.
4. Bake at 450ºF for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar when done.
Recipe and photo from Dole Food Company.