YIELD: 10 servings
8 oz. pork loin, cooked, diced
8 oz. black beans, cooked, drained
8 oz. enchilada sauce, prepared
4 oz. corn husks, dry
¼ cup Tabasco green jalapeno
salt, to taste
12 oz. masa harina (corn flour)
4 oz. chicken stock
12 oz. chicken stock
4 oz. lard
¾ tsp. baking powder
⅓ tsp. salt
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture is fairly dry. Soak corn husks in hot water.
2. Mix masa, chicken stock, pepper sauce, lard, baking powder and salt in electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
3. Drain corn husk and lay on work surface (each husk should equal 5”x8”)
4. Place 2 Tbsps. of masa mixture onto each corn husk and spread over the lower 2⁄3 of the husk, leaving about 1” of space on each side.
5. Place a generous Tbsp. of meat and bean mixture over masa mixture lengthwise down the center. Roll tightly so the edges of the masa fit together. Fold excess husk under. Warm to order.
Photo and recipe: McIlhenny Company/Tabasco Brand Products