• In a pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
• Add the shallots and cook for two minutes.
• Add the asparagus, and then cook for another minute.
• Toss in the risotto rice, then toast lightly, stirring continuously for about 2 minutes.
• Add in glass of wine; then continue to stir until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
• Next, gradually add the chicken stock, about a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. This may take some time.
• When the risotto rice has absorbed all of the stock, add the shrimp and stir gently for 2 minutes.
Once done, add the basil, lemon zest and parmesan cheese.