YIELD: 20 servings
40 oz. flame-roasted sweet potatoes
27 oz. coconut milk
6 each eggs
6 oz. brown sugar
4 oz. golden raisins
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, finely minced
1 Tbsp. nutmeg, freshly grated
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsps.vanilla extract
10 oz. crethme fraiche
5 oz. pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the sweet potatoes, coconut milk and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Purèe the sweet potatoes in a food processor or with a stick blender until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture to blend.Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a prepared baking dish and bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the pudding and cover with foil; bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is firm.
- Let cool before serving 6. Drizzle each 4-oz. serving with 1/2 oz. of crðme fraiche, and sprinkle with 1/4 oz. pumpkin seeds.
Recipe and photo from Simplot.