1 egg white, room temperature
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
Nonstick cooking spray as needed
15 oz. low fat/nonfat ricotta cheese
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
8 oz. nonfat cream cheese
¼ cup cornstarch
1 ¼ cups sugar, divided
2 large eggs
3 egg whites, room temperature
¼ tsp. cream of tartar
1 ¼ cups finely chopped strawberries, drainedDIRECTIONS:1. For the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat 1 egg white until foamy, add crumbs, sugar and melted margarine; mix well.
2. Coat the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and press crumbs firmly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
4. In a food processor or with an electric mixer, blend ricotta, cream cheeses, cornstarch and 1 cup of sugar. Add whole eggs and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the remaining 3 egg whites with the cream of tartar until foamy; add ¼ cup sugar and beat to soft peaks. Fold egg whites and strawberries into the cheese mixture. Spoon cheese mixture on top of crust.
6. Bake 1 hour, then turn off the oven and leave the cake inside with the door closed 1 more hour. Remove from the oven; cool to room temperature 2 hours or longer. Refrigerate overnight.NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Calories 243 (5% from fat); Fat 5.5g (sat 2.8g); Protein 12g; Carbohydrates 36g; Chol. 48mg (cholesterol per day 16%); Sodium 340mg (sodium per day 14%); Fiber 0.5g (fiber per day .025%)
SERVINGS:12 servingsFrom:Reprinted with Permission. Gollman, an American Dietetic Association Spokesperson