Yield: 3-4 dozen
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1⁄2 tsps. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
2 cups crunchy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsps. vanilla
1/2 cup shelled roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
2. Cream the butter until it is light and fluffy
3. Add the peanut butter and continue creaming into the butter. Add the brown sugar and continue to mix. Add granulated sugar and mix well.
4. Add eggs and continue to mix. Add vanilla.
5. Gradually incorporate the flour mixture.
6. Chill in refrigerator 3-4 hours. Shape dough into balls about 2 inches in diameter. Place on a baking sheet flatten out with a fork in criscross pattern then place half a roasted peanut in the middle.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes; rotate pan half way through. Using a spatula transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Baked cookies can be frozen for 2 weeks. Unbaked cookies can be kept one day in refigeration, 2 months in the freezer.
Recipe and photo from the Peanut Advisory Board.