Tue, 2003-04-01 12:00
YIELD: 24 pieces 6 slices firm white bread
1 package 10-oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3⁄4 cup Cabrales cheese, crumbled, or shredded Manchego cheese
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 Tbsps. pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly oil 24 1 3⁄4-in. wide mini muffin cups.
- With a 1 1⁄2-in. cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds from bread. Place rounds on a cookie sheet; bake until just pale gold, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Gently press toasted rounds into the bottom of muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cream, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Spoon cheese mixture into bread cups; sprinkle each with pine nuts.
- Bake until filling is set, about 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Recipe from Foods from Spain.