YIELD: 2½ cups
2 cups water, lightly salted
8 oz. farro
3 Poblano chiles
2 Jalapeno chiles
¾ cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup white or red vinegar
½ cup water
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. On stovetop, bring 2 cups lightly salted water to a boil and add farro. Simmer 30 minutes. (If liquid disappears, add a little liquid to keep Farro moist.) Drain and chill farro on a sheet tray.
3. Char chiles on grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn once or twice to get an even cook.
4. Remove chiles from grill and place in zip-top bag. Seal bag and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove chiles from bag. Seed and peel, then cool.
5. In a food processor, puree charred chiles, cilantro, garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Add chilled Farro, vinegar and ½ cup water. Puree until fairly smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed.
7. Add juice from lime and incorporate well. Chill until service. Serve with chips or raw vegetables.