The Got Breakfast? Foundation has announced its newly formed advisory board, which will provide guidance for future resources, projects and funding options. Ten of the 14 individuals on the board are school nutrition professionals from districts around the country. They include…
• Carol Chong, director of food & nutrition management for the Miami-Dade County (FL) Public Schools Dept. of Food & Nutrition
• Jon Dickl, assistant director of child nutrition for the Clarksville-Montgomery (TN) Public Schools
• Cecelia Enault, child nutrition coordinator for Jefferson Parish (LA) Public Schools
• Steve Gallagher, director of child nutrition services for Oklahoma City Public Schools
• Tony Geraci, director of child nutrition for Baltimore City Public Schools
• Wanda Grant, director of child nutrition for Palm Springs (CA) USD
• Joanne Kinsey, director of school nutrition services for Chesapeake (VA) Public Schools
• Kymm Mutch, administrator of school nutrition services for Milwaukee Public Schools
• Sally Spero, supervisor of food management for San Diego USD, and
• Dr. Vista Suarez, director of nutrition services for Memphis Schools
They will be joined on the board by consultants Tami Cline, PhD, of Cline Consulting and Y-Pulse LLC and Brian Parsley of WeSkill, as well as Brian Mullen of ES Foods and Got Breakfast? Grant Administrator Sonya Kaster.
"What better way to kick off National School Breakfast Week than with the announcement of this team of professionals who are dedicated to raising awareness about the benefits of the School Breakfast Program and other Child Nutrition Programs?" says Kaster. "We hope to expand our school breakfast message to stress the importance of classroom and alternate site breakfasts as one answer to feeding hungry children and fighting childhood obesity."
Established in 2006, the Got Breakfast? Foundation's mission is to ensure that every child, regardless of background, starts the school day with a nutritious breakfast. For more information, visit the www.gotbreakfast.org website.