Aramark will be partnering with three local celebrity chefs to bolster the menu at Lincoln Financial Field, home of the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles.
Aramark will be partnering with three local celebrity chefs to bolster the menu at Lincoln Financial Field, home of the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles. Jose Garces (Iron Chef and owner of 15 restaurants, including Amada and Distrito), Marc Vetri (James Beard winner and Head Chef/Owner of Amis, Vetri, Alla Spina and Osteria) and Peter McAndrews (Chef/Owner of Modo Mio, Monsu, Paesano's and Popolino) will offer signature items to fans on the concessions and/or club levels of Lincoln Financial Field starting this fall.
The new partnership brings several items from one of each chef’s popular restaurants in Philadelphia:
CHEF MARC VETRI / ALLA SPINA
• Mortadella Hot Dog with spicy pickles and cabbage relish
• North Philly Sausage Cheesesteak on a pretzel roll
• Veggie Burger with lettuce, tomato, red onion and cheddar
CHEF JOSE GARCES / DISTRITO
• Tacos de Pollo – Chicken ropa vieja, queso fresco and crema
• Carnitas Tacos with pineapple jicama salsa, black beans and shaved radishes
• Homemade Guacamole, Salsa & Chips
CHEF PETER MCANDREWS / PAESANO’S
• Paesano’s Brisket Sandwich – Beef brisket, horseradish mayo, roasted tomatoes, pepperoncino, sharp provolone and fried egg
• Chicken Diavlo – Spicy chicken breast with salami, roasted tomatoes, broccoli rabe, herb cheddar spread and sharp provolone
• Tuscan Tony Hot Dog – Sopressata wrapped all-beef dog with Bolognese, sharp provolone and Italian long hots
• Meatloaf Parmesan – Crispy Italian-style meatloaf, red sauce, fresh mozzarella and sharp provolone
• Zawzeech Sweet Italian Sausage Sandwich – Sweet Italian sausage with caramelized peppers & onions, sharp provolone and pepperoncino
“Providing our fans with the highest quality sports and entertainment experience has, and always will be, one of the most important organizational goals for us,” says Leonard Bonacci, Eagles Vice President of Event Operations and Event Services. “These amazing chefs are considered institutions in Philadelphia and we are very excited about this partnership. From our standpoint, attending an Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field should include friends and family, food and football. It should consist of a great product on the field as well as a great product off the field. I am proud to say that this partnership, with some of the region’s most prominent chefs, will enhance our fans' game day experience.”
“We are committed to growing the authentic Philadelphia food experience at Lincoln Financial Field and continue to expand our roster of local partners and Philadelphia fan favorites," adds Rick Brown, Aramark's general manager at Lincoln Financial Field. "The introduction of chefs Vetri, Garces and McAndrews brings unique Philadelphia flavors to the stadium, further enriching the game day experience for hungry fans.”
In addition to the new menu items from the celebrity chefs, Aramark Executive Chef James Hennessey has created several new signature items exclusively for Lincoln Financial Field for the 2013 season. They include...
• 2 Minute Warning Brisket Sandwich – Slow braised, on freshly baked Amoroso roll, with homemade bacon mayo and crumbled bleu cheese
• Chicken Parmesan Sandwich with fresh mozzarella and homemade marinara sauce
•The Blitz BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger with house made spicy pickles, crispy onions and homemade BBQ sauce
Other new local items added to this season’s menu include...
• Seasons Pizza available in all pizza stands in general concessions
• Melt Down assorted grilled cheese sandwiches, sweet potato fries and tater tots
• Tony Luke’s Roast Pork Italian Sandwich
• Chickie’s & Pete’s Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak
• Bassett’s Original Burgers & Fresh Cut Fries, The Mac 'n Cheese Burger & The Picnic Burger with pulled pork, coleslaw, cheese and BBQ sauce