YIELD: 12 Servings
3 1⁄3 cups prepared biscuit baking mix
1 cup half and half
1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
4 cups DOLE Fresh Frozen Raspberries, defrosted
2 Tbsps. granulated sugar
4 cups DOLE Fresh Frozen Tropical Gold Pineapple Chunks, defrosted, drained
4 cups DOLE Fresh Frozen Whole Strawberries, partially defrosted, cut in-half
8 oz. frozen whipped topping
- For the shortcake: Combine baking mix and ginger. Add half and half and mix to make dough. Sprinkle cutting board with small amount of baking mix. Turn dough out onto board and knead 10 times adding additional baking mix as needed.
- Roll dough out 1⁄2 -inch thick. Use a 3-inch cutter to make 10 to 12 biscuits.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 425ºF oven for 8 to 10 minutes until browned. Cool.
- For the fruit: Puree raspberries in blender. Strain, removing seeds. Pour into bowl and mix in sugar, set aside.
- Combine pineapple, strawberries and 3⁄4 cup raspberry puree.
- To serve: Place 1 tablespoon raspberry puree on each plate.
- Split biscuit with fork and place bottom half on puree. Top with 1⁄3 cup strawberry pineapple mixture. Add a spoonful of whipped topping and biscuit top. Add a spoonful of whipped topping and 1 piece each of strawberry and pineapple. Serve.
Submitted by Dole