Yield: 8 servings
2 Tbsps. lime juice
2 Tbsps. red onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Southwest seasoning
2 tsps. garlic, finely chopped
1 /4 tsp. salt to taste hot sauce
3 each boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1 /4 lbs.)
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped and seeded
1 cup fresh corn kernels
2 Tbsps. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 /2 cup blue cheese dressing
8 each flour tortillas (10-in.)
2 each ripe Hass avocados (about 1 lb.)
- Preheat broiler or grill. In a bowl, combine lime juice, onion, Southwest seasoning, garlic, salt and hot sauce. Add chicken breasts; toss until coated.
- Broil chicken, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool; cut lengthwise in 1 /2-in.-thick strips.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, bacon, bell pepper, tomato, corn and cilantro. Stir in blue cheese dressing.
- Cut avocados lengthwise in halves; twist to separate; remove pits by striking lightly with a knife blade and twisting. With a spoon, carefully scoop avocado from shells and cut halves in thin slices.
- To assemble: spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, dividing evenly. Arrange avocado slices on top. Fold over one end of a tortilla and, starting with an adjacent side, roll up tightly; cut diagonally in half and place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Recipe from Exec. Chef Daniel Pliska, CEC, University of Missouri-Columbia. Photo from Avocados from Mexico.