YIELD: 24 servings
2 cups tomato paste
3 cups white Zinfandel wine
3 cups red onion, chopped
3 cups cilantro, chopped
4 Tbsps. chili powder
4 Tbsps. cumin, ground to taste salt and freshly-ground black pepper
16 lbs. turkey breast, skin-on
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Mix together tomato paste, wine, onion, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Rub turkey breast, including underside, with oil.
3. Spray grill rack with nonstick vegetable spray. Place turkey, over drip pan, breast side up, on grill rack, about 4 inches from the heat. Using the indirect heat method, grill turkey breast over medium heat, in a covered barbecue, for 10 to 15 minutes per pound. During the last 30 minutes of cooking time, brush with 1 cup sauce. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
4. Reduce remaining sauce by bringing to a boil; reduce heat and simmer.
5. Remove turkey to platter and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Serve 5 to 6 ozs. sliced turkey breast with sauce per portion.
Recipe from National Turkey Federation.