Yield: 48 servings (2"x 2 1⁄2 " ea.)
1 lb. butter
1 1⁄2 lbs. brown sugar
8 oz. pecans, chopped, (1 2⁄3 cups) optional
1 #10 can Sliced Pacific Northwest Canned Pears, drained
2 lbs. all-purpose baking mix, such as Bisquick (6 1⁄2 cups)
3 oz. butter, softened
1 lb. sugar (2 cups)
1 1⁄2 cups milk
4 tsps. vanilla extract
- For the topping: Melt butter; add brown sugar. Cook mixture until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into the bottom of a buttered 12" x 20" pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Tightly arrange pear slices, rounded side down over bottom of pan; reserve.
- To make the cake: Beat together all-purpose baking mix with remaining ingredients; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350ºF until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; immediately turn pan over a buttered sheet pan. Leave the baking pan covering the cake for about 5 minutes to allow the topping to coat the cake. Remove pan; cool thoroughly.
- Cut into 2" x 2 1⁄2 " serving pieces.
Submitted by Pacific Northwest Canned Pears