(Food processor method)
YIELD: 8 servings
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups water
1 1/2 lbs. fresh ripe mango meat or pulp
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Place water and sugar in a sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute making sure all sugar is dissolved.
- Mix simple syrup, mango and lime juice in a bowl. Place total mixture in a food processor and blend completely until all fruit is liquid and thoroughly mixed with the simple syrup.
- Pour mixture in a shallow pan and place in the freezer for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until mixture starts to set.
- At this point take the product out of the freezer and blend in the processor until smooth and creamy incorporating air by excessive processing.
- Place product back in the freezer and re-freeze for 2 hours more.
- Repeat the processor blending process, then re-freeze and blend again after 2 more hours.At this point, the product is ready to serve. It is fine to keep this in the freezer up to a week.
Recipe submitted Pastry chef Claude Broome, The Ringling (art) Museum, Orlando, FL (Guest Services)