- Starting this fall, Mississippi State University will require all freshmen to live on campus and purchase a meal plan
- Yale University Dining Services has rejected a proposed meal take-out program that would have expanded the schools on-the-go meal options from its dining halls.
- Dole Food Co. is launching a pilot program that will put fruit and the companys branded Fruit Bowls, along with prepared salads, sandwich wraps and milk into vending machines in 15 schools across four states.
- Mississippi State University has announced that beginning in fall 2008, all freshmen will have to live on campus and buy a meal plan
- Starting this fall, Princeton University plans to allow upperclassmen to receive two free meals per week in its residential college dining halls, regardless of whether or not they purchase a dining hall meal plan