Yield: 40 servings
2 lbs., 10 oz.puff pastry dough
2 1 /2 cups flour
3 Tbsps. salt
3 Tbsps. poultry seasoning
2 1 /2 tsps. black pepper
5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-in. cubes
2 /3 cup butter
2 1 /2 cups shallots, diced
2 Tbsps. garlic, minced
7 cups chicken broth
5 cups soymilk, unsweetened
5 cups potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 /2-in. cubes
5 cups edamame (whole green soybeans), shelled, cooked
5 cups carrots, peeled, cut into 1 /4-in. rounds
- Sheet puff pastry dough into 11 1 /2 x 19 1 /2-in. rectangle. Chill on sheetpan.
- Place flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper in large bowl. Stir until blended. Add chicken cubes and stir until coated.
- Heat butter in large skillet. Sauté shallots and garlic until translucent. Add chicken (including flour). Sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Gradually stir in chicken broth and soymilk until blended.
- Add potatoes, edamame and carrots. Simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Scale into 4-in. deep full pan. Place dough over vegetable mixture. Bake at 375ºF 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo from United Soybean Board.