YIELD: 32 servings
32 each chicken breasts, with skin, thawed and slightly pounded
1 lb., 5-1/2 ozs. Kentucky kernel flour
1 lb., 5-1/2 ozs. white flour
8 ozs. pecans, chopped and toasted
FOR THE SAUCE:
2-3/4 ozs. chicken base
2 qts. water
4 ozs. margarine
4 ozs. white flour
2 cups whipping cream
1-1/4 ozs. shallots, chopped
8 ozs. chablis wine
5-1/4 ozs. Dijon mustard
5-1/4 ozs. honey
3/4 tsp. white pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE: Melt margarine and add the 4 ozs. of flour to make a roux. Set aside.
- Sautè the shallots, add wine and cook until the wine has reduced by 3/4. Add Dijon mustard and honey. Add the water and chicken base, then add the roux. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add cream and white pepper. Adjust seasoning as needed. Strain the sauce.
- FOR THE CHICKEN: Combine the two flours and dredge the chicken in the mixture.
- For buffet service, sear the chicken and place it on sheet pans over parchment paper. Place the chicken in the cooler until needed for service. Bake in a 350°F oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Shingle the chicken in 2-in. full pans, top with honey Dijon sauce and toasted pecans.
Recipe from Ryan More, executive chef/production manager, Shriver Center, Miami University, Oxford, OH.