YIELD: 12 servings
11/2 cups slivered almonds
2/3 cup pecan halves
12 each boneless, skinless, single chicken breasts
as needed olive oil
as needed salt and pepper
12 each nectarines
2 each lemons
2 medium shallots, finely-chopped
FOR THE BASIL AIOLI:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
4 tsps. gingerroot, grated
as needed salt and white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds on one end of baking sheet and pecans on the other end. Toast in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. When cool, separate pecans and chop.
- Brush chicken breasts lightly with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place on lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until done.
- Cut nectarines into 3/4-in. cubes. Place in bowl and squeeze juice of 1 lemon over. Add shallots, almonds and chopped pecans; mix.
- FOR BASIL AIOLI: Pulse mayonnaise, basil, 1/4 cup lemon juice and gingerroot together in food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Cool and cut cooked chicken into 3/4-in. cubes. Add to bowl with nectarine mixture. Stir in basil aioli and toss to combine. Season generously with salt, white pepper and additional lemon juice.
- Serve warm or chilled on a bed of butter lettuce leaves. Garnish with whole basil leaves.
Recipe and photo from California Tree Fruit Agreement.