YIELD: 1 torta
½ cup black beans, cooked
1 tsp. chipotle in adobo sauce
1 tsp. light mayonnaise
¼ tsp. lime juice
1 chorizo sausage link
½ cup Chihuahua cheese
½ oz. red bell pepper, julienned
1 Tbsp. jalapeno, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. and ½ tsp. green onion, thinly sliced on bias
1 ciabatta roll
1. Puree black beans until smooth, adding water as needed. Season with salt and pepper and then reserve.
2. Combine mayonnaise, lime and chipotle in adobo sauce. Mix thoroughly.
3. Split sausage in half lengthwise leaving both sides attached so that it can be pressed flat.
4. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat with a little vegetable oil added, sear sausage face side down until golden brown and transfer to a preheated oven.
5. When sausage is cooked, remove from pan and jalapenos, red bell peppers and green onions. Saute until tender.
6. Add cheese to pan and spread out evenly. Place pan under broiler until cheese is fully melted golden brown.
7. Warm the bun and slather with black bean spread.
8. Top with sausage then add melted cheese mixture; serve immediately.