YIELD: 4 PIZZAS
For the Curry:
½ cup olive oil, divided
3 Tbsps. small-dice red onion
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. chili powder
2 cups diced vine-ripe tomatoes
1 medium red onion, sliced ¼"
1 zucchini, sliced ¼"
1 yellow squash, sliced ¼"
1 eggplant, sliced ¼"
2 Tbsps. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 prepared naans, 4.4 oz. each
1⅓ cup cooked black, red or white quinoa
1 cup crumbled paneer cheese
1. For the curry: Saute red onion, ginger and garlic in ¼ cup olive oil until golden grown, approximately 10 minutes. (Do not burn).
2. Add all spices and the rest of the olive oil. Let simmer for 3 minutes. Add tomato, pull from stove and reserve. (Tomato will continue to cook in the hot oil).
3. For the pizzas: Toss sliced vegetables in olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grill each vegetable cut over medium to high heat just enough to infuse with smoke flavor and to mark, about 3 minutes on 1 side only. Remove from grill and reserve.
5. Place naans on a sheet tray and coat each with approximately 3 oz. red-onion curry. Evenly distribute ⅓ cup quinoa on each naan.
6. Evenly distribute grilled vegetables, grilled side up, atop each naan. Sprinkle 2 oz. paneer cheese atop vegetables.
7. Place pizzas in a 350°F conventional oven for 4 minutes or just enough to heat vegetables through and slightly melt the cheese. At service, salt to taste.
Photo and recipe: Indian Harvest