Yield: 8 servings
4 cups fresh orange juice
32 large scallops
16 extra-large wild shrimp
as needed salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup olive oil
2 cups sliced leeks
2 cups sliced fennel bulb
1 cup white wine
2 Tbsps. champagne vinegar
2 pinches sugar
3⁄4 cup butter
2 Tbsps. fresh tarragon, chopped
1. Reduce the orange juice to 1 cup by boiling over high heat. Set aside.
2. Season scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in large skillet over high until hot but not smoking; add shrimp and scallops and cook until done, about 2 minutes per side. Remove shell fish, set aside and keep warm.
3. Add leeks and fennel to pan and sauté for 2 minutes, being careful not to burn.
4. Add wine, orange juice reduction, vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil and reduce by half.
5. Swirl in butter and fresh tarragon. Add sauce to shrimp and toss well to coat. Serve.
Recipe and photo from Wild American Shrimp, Inc.