|1 loaf |
|Egg challah or other white bread |
Reduced-fat cream cheese
Fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove crusts from bread; cut in 1-inch cubes (makes about 10 cups).
- Cut cream cheese in small cubes (makes about 1 cup).
- Grease 9-x-9-2-inch baking dish.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the dish.
- Scatter cream cheese cubes and 1 cup of blueberries over the bread.
- Top with remaining bread cubes and blueberries.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter. Carefully pour over bread mixture.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes our clean, about 1 hour, covering with aluminum foil if edges brown too much. To serve, cut in squares. Accompany with additional maple syrup, if desired.