- 2 large Sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup Ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Ground cumin1 Tbsp. Ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. Red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup Canola oil
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 12 8-oz. fillets Clear Springs® Clear·Cuts® Natural Trout Fillets
- 3 cups Peanut Sauce (recipe below)*
- 3 qt. Prepared jasmine rice
- 1 ½ qt. Steamed fresh vegetables, optional
- Peanut Sauce (3 cups)*
1 ½ cups Reserved marinade (as noted in directions below)
- 1 cup Chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup Unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- As needed Chicken stock
- Using a food processor, puree onions, ginger and garlic. Add lemon, soy, and spices (except cilantro) and puree again until smooth.
- With the motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- Remove marinade from processor, stir in cilantro and set aside 1 ½ cups marinade for use later, as directed.
- Pour remaining, unreserved marinade over Clear Springs® Clear·Cuts® Natural Trout Fillets in a bowl and toss gently to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate 45-50 minutes to marinate.
- To Cook Each Fillet: On a very hot, well-oiled grill, place marinated trout fillets flesh-side-down and cook 2-3 minutes, rotating to create crosshatch marks. Turn fillets and finish cooking 2 minutes or until cooked through. (Fillets may also be broiled 4-5 minutes until golden brown and firm.)
- To Serve: Plate each grilled trout fillet over 1 cup jasmine rice and top with 2 Tbsp. Peanut Sauce*. Serve accompanied by steamed fresh vegetables, if desired.
Peanut Sauce Directions
In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken stock. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes. Use as directed above, adding chicken stock as needed to thin sauce to desired consistency.