YIELD: per serving
To taste mixture of kosher salt, black pepper and paprika
1 oz. mescaline mixed greens, washed and chilled
1-3 ea. navel orange slices (with a channel knife make grooves before slicing)
1/6 --1 /8 of whole avocado (wedged and fanned)
2 oz. corn bread (cut planks from cornbread and grilled to obtain grill marks)
1-2 oz. seedless cucumber, julienned
2-3 ea. cherry or grape tomatoes
1-3 ea. lime wedges (make wedges and slice into pulp)
1-2 oz. jicama,1 /8-in. dice
1 /2 oz. carrot curls (slice long ribbons and sub-merge in ice water to curl)
1 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- Place the mixture of salt, pepper and paprika on a small plate and use it to coat the rim of a margarita glass.
- Place lettuce mix inside the glass gently without disturbing the salted rim. In back of the glass, fan out several slices of oranges followed by avocado on one side and grilled cornbread on the other side.
- Toss shoestring cucumbers with juice from the lime and cilantro. Place in glass.
- Place cherry tomatoes in the glass and use a lime wedge as a sidecar on the glass.
- Before serving, drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle with jicama.
YIELD: 2-oz. Portion
10 1 /2 oz. tequila
2 Tbsps. cornstarch
10 1 /2 oz. orange juice
1 1 /2 oz. lime juice
3 /4 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
5 1 /4 oz. Equal bulk pack sweetener
- Heat tequila in a saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch with orange juice and add along with limejuice to the tequila.
- Mix in salt and Tabasco and remove from heat.
- Let cool to room teperature and add sweetener. Chill to below 40° before using.
Photo and recipe from Equal.