YIELD: 20 SERVINGS
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
⅔ cup dry sherry
2½ oz. scallions, chopped
¼ oz. fresh rosemary, chopped
⅔ cup Dijon mustard
¾ tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
⅔ cup canola oil
5 lbs. turkey steaks or turkey cutlets (4 oz. ea.)
1. Combine lemon juice, sherry, scallions, rosemary, Dijon, salt and pepper and mix until well-blended. Slowly whisk in oil, beating until well-blended and thick.
2. Place turkey steak into marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
3. Drain turkey. Reserve marinade and bring to a full, rolling boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Bake turkey steaks in a preheated 325°F oven or broil/grill 4 to 5 inches from heat source until brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Brush turkey with boiled marinade several times during cooking.
5. Serve on a bed of hot risotto or rice. Garnish with lemon twist.
Recipe from Julie Lampie, RD, MBA, Tufts University, Medford, MA. Photo from National Turkey Federation.