|4 C. |
6 1/2 C.
1 1/2 Tbsp.
|Basmati rice, rinsed and drained well |
Yellow onion, diced 1/4''
Black mustard seeds
Lemon juice, fresh
Lemon zest, minced
Roasted grapes (recipe follows)
Almonds, sliced, toasted
Green grapes, stemmed, whole
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place on a half sheet pan – do not crowd.
- Roast in preheated 450° F convection oven for about 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Place drained rice in a 4” 1/2 hotel pan.
- In a large sauté pan heat the butter and then add the garlic, onions, and black mustard seeds. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken base, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, ginger and salt and bring to a boil. Immediately pour over rice and seal tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated 350° F convection oven for about 20 minutes.
- When rice is done, fluff with a fork and fold in Roasted Grapes, currants and almonds.