YIELD: 24 (1/3 cup) servings
2 Tbsps. corn oil
1 lb., 8 oz. red onions, chopped
8 oz. red bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup ginger, finely chopped
1/4 cup jalapeÒo pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsps. ground cumin
2 tsps. ground cinnamon
1 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 cup fresh lime juice
4 lbs. fresh pineapples, cut into 1/2" dice
12 oz. dried cherries
6.4 oz. brown sugar, packed
2 tsps. black pepper
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a stainless steel saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat, until hot.
- Add onion, red pepper, ginger and jalapeÒo; sautè 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add cumin and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce and lime juice. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by 3/4 .
- Stir in pineapple, cherries and brown sugar until well combined. Simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in black pepper and cilantro. Place in refrigerator until thoroughly chilled. Serve with grilled pork, chicken or veal.
Submitted by Gary Marquardt, University of Michigan, Saline, MI. Photo from Kikkoman