Yield: 6 portions
10 oz. Golden Grill Russet Premium
6 oz. fresh salmon
1⁄4 cup fresh chervil, chopped
1⁄4 cup fresh sorrel, chopped
1⁄4 cup I talian flat parsley, chopped
1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 oz. capers
4 oz. red onion, small dice
1⁄2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. baking soda
olive oil, as needed
1 oz. microgreens (rainbow chard, bulls blood
beet or red Russian kale)
1 cup créme fraîche
1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Place dry potato shreds in a bowl and refresh with water.
- Cut salmon into six equal pieces and marinate in chervil, sorrel and parsley. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix together the dill, capers, onion, flour, eggs and baking soda and add to the refreshed potato shreds.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan. Place 2 oz. potato mixture in pan, top with a piece of salmon and then another 1 oz. of potato mixture. Let brown, then turn over and continue to cook for another minute or until golden brown. Remove onto paper towel and repeat with five more portions.
- Plate potato/salmon cakes with microgreens, créme fraîche and chives.
Recipe from Chef Jay Marshall, CEC, of San Diego State University, demoed at the 2007 NACUFS Conference for for Basic American Foods.