“All Natural” Version
Yield: 1 ¼ gallons; Serving size: 245 grams
1/4 cup Canola Oil
2 cups Onions, Yellow, Fresh, Medium Diced
1 1/2 cups Celery, Fresh, Medium Diced
1 1/2 cups Carrots, Fresh, Medium Diced
¾ cup Green Bell Peppers, Fresh, Medium Diced
2 tsp Garlic, Minced
3 quarts Water, Hot
1 quart All Natural Tomatoes, Canned, Packed in Tomato Juice, No Salt Added
1/3 cup and 1 Tbsp Custom Culinary® Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Beef Base (5327)
1 ½ cups Great Northern Beans, Canned, Undrained
1 ½ cups Kidney Beans, Canned, Undrained
1 cup Spinach, Frozen, Chopped
1 ½ cups Potatoes, Russet, Medium Diced
1/3 cup Pasta, Macaroni, Whole Wheat, Dry
1 tsp Basil Leaf, Fresh
1 tsp Thyme Leaf, Fresh
1 tsp Lemon Juice
½ cup Water
¼ cup and 1 ½ Tbsp Cornstarch
1. In an 8 quart pot, over medium high, heat canola oil. Add onions, celery, carrots, peppers and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
2. In blender, puree water, tomatoes and Custom Culinary® Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Beef Base for 1-2 minutes. Add to vegetable mixture.
3. Add Great Northern Beans, kidney beans, spinach, potatoes, pasta, basil, thyme and lemon juice. Heat to a gentle boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and gently boil for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, blend water and cornstarch into a smooth slurry, using a wire whip.
5. Gradually pour the slurry into the boiling liquid, stirring constantly. Heat to boiling over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and gently boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Claims: Reduced Fat and Calories versus Traditional Version, Saturated Fat Free, Good Source of Fiber