YIELD: 12 Servings
1 lb. 8 oz. fresh spinach
10 oz. boneless chicken breast
1 1/2 Tbsps. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
1 medium green bell pepper, finely diced
12 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
1 cup cooked bacon pieces
10 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375°. Spray-coat half-size steamtable pan, 12 x 10 x 2 inches.
- Wash spinach; add to large pan with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water. Cook spinach until wilted; drain. Coarsely chop and reserve.
- Cook chicken breasts in non-stick skillet. Cut into small chunks; reserve warm.
- Add oil to another non-stick skillet; sautè garlic, green onions and bell peppers until soft.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Blend eggs, chicken broth, and milk; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle on spinach, chicken, bacon, and goat cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake until brown and center is firm and internal temperature is minimum of 160°, about 50-60 minutes
- Cut pan 3 x 4 to serve. Serve immediately
Recipe by John Ryle, Production Manager, Baptist Health Systems, Jackson (MS).