YIELD: 1 serving
1 prepared spicy black bean burger
1 oz. cheddar cheese
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 oz. button mushrooms
1 oz. celery, sliced crosswise, thin
2 oz. Granny Smith apples, sliced thin
1 tsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
1 oz. fresh Romaine lettuce, shredded
1 slice tomato
1 sourdough bun, split
- Cook patty according to directions.
- Place cheese on patty and heat under broiler for 2 minutes.
- Cook mushrooms in sauté pan with vegetable oil until caramelized.
- Combine celery, apples and lemon juice in bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place caramelized mushrooms on top of patty.
- Place apple slaw on top of mushrooms. Place lettuce and tomato on bottom bun, then place patty on top and serve with top bun.