YIELD: 4 cups
3 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed, diced
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
1 ½ cups milk, whole
4 egg yolks, beaten
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1. Process hazelnuts, ½ cup cream and sugar in food processor to shiny, liquid paste.
2. Bring milk and remaining cream to boil in medium saucepan.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in hazelnut paste and egg yolks until blended. Cool.
4. Place sieve over deep bowl lined with double layer of cheesecloth. Pour cooled hazelnut cream mixture into sieve. Gather cheesecloth and squeeze cream into bowl. Stir in vanilla. Reserve mixture in cheesecloth for later use*.
5. Pour cream into ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions. Place in covered container and freeze.
Recipe and photo: the Hazelnut Council
- Ball State's Homemade Granola
- Summer Berry Fiore di Latte
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Mocha Crme Anglaise
- Crunchy Hazelnut Granola Parfait
- Nectarine and Blackberry Crips with Crme Fraiche
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Mascarpone Mousse with Hazelnut Dessert
- Kiwi Fruit & Cheese Pie, Hazelnut Crust, Shaved Ice
- Sweet as the Sun Smoothies
- Blueberry Basmati Rice Pudding with Blueberry Cassis Sorbet
- Strawberry Yogurt Cones
- Lime Habanero Cheesecake
- Harlequin Mousse