Grilled Balsamic and Grapefruit-Glazed Salmon
YIELD: 24 servings
6 cups fresh grapefruit juice
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
24 each salmon fillets (6-oz. each)
3 tsps. salt
3 tsps. pepper
48 each grapefruit slices, 1/2-in.thick
6 lbs. starch du jour
6 lbs. vegetables du jour
- Combine grapefruit juice, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Boil until reduced by half, approximately 15 minutes; hold warm.
- Season each side of salmon fillet with 1/16 tsp. salt and 1/16 tsp. pepper. Grill salmon, presentation side down, until just done in center, about 5 minutes per side, depending upon thickness of fillet.
- Brush salmon with 1 Tbsp. of the warmed grapefruit glaze during grilling and just before removing from grill.
- Place two grapefruit slices on serving plate and top with cooked salmon fillet. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. glaze on top of salmon.
- Serve with 4 oz. each of starch and vegetables du jour. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo from Sunkist Growers, Inc.