Phillips Crab Meat
Minced sweet onion
Finely chopped green pepper
Finely chopped celery
Crushed red pepper
Eggs, slightly beaten
Zatarain's Creole mustard
Butter/oil blend for sautéing
*Gluten free breadcrumbs can be found at GilliansFoods.com
1. In sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onion, green pepper, celery and crushed red pepper flakes until translucent.
2. In 2 qt. bowl, blend sautéed vegetable mixture with all remaining ingredients, except crab meat.
3. Gently fold in crab meat and form mixture into desired sized cakes.
4. Heat butter/oil blend over medium heat in sauté pan to just cover bottom.
5. Sauté cakes 3-5 minutes total per side, turning twice during cooking, until golden brown on both sides and centers reach a minimum of 165°F.
Cooking can be finished in a preheated 350°F oven. Serve immediately or hold at a minimum of 135°F until ready to serve or up to 1 hour.