60 each fresh pummelo segments*
3 cups fresh-squeezed pummelo juice
3 lbs. jumbo boiled shrimp
3 Tbsps. shallots, chopped
2 Tbsps. fresh sage leaves, chopped
1. Combine fresh pummelo segments, fresh-squeezed pummelo juice, boiled shrimp, shallots and chopped sage in a zip top plastic bag, making sure marinade ingredients are distributed evenly.
2. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 ñ 2 hours.
TO MAKE ONE PORTION:
3. Place shredded lettuce in bottom of a shimp cocktail or margarita glass.
4. Remove 5 shrimp and 5 pummelo segments from marinade, drain.
5. Place shrimp and pummelo segments around edge of glass, alternating the shrimp and pummelo; serve.
6. * If pummelo segments are very large, use only 30 segments and cut in half to make 60 pieces. Fresh grapefruit segments and fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice may be substituted if pummelos are not in season.
Recipe and photo from Sunkist Growers, Inc.