YIELD: 4 parfaits
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed, coarsely chopped
½ cup wheat germ
½ cup oat bran
¼ cup crystal ginger, minced
1 cup orange juice
¼ cup sugar
2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
2 tsps. ginger, ground
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
½ tsp. salt
1½ cups (7 oz.) assorted dried fruit, diced
2 cups (16 oz.) vanilla yogurt
2 cups fresh fruit
1. Mix oats, hazelnuts, wheat germ, oat bran and crystal ginger in large bowl.
2. Whisk orange juice, sugar, oil, ginger, cinnamon and salt in small bowl until blended.
3. Stir orange juice mixture into oat mixture until blended.
4. Spread mixture on greased 15½×10½×2 jelly roll pan. Bake at 325° F for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and dry.
5. Place mixture in large bowl. Stir in dried fruit until blended.
To Assemble Parfait: Layer ¼ cup each granola mix, yogurt and fruit in parfait glass. Repeat layering. Garnish with granola and fruit.
Recipe and photo by the Hazelnut Council
- Ball State's Homemade Granola
- Summer Berry Fiore di Latte
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Mocha Crme Anglaise
- Nectarine and Blackberry Crips with Crme Fraiche
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Mascarpone Mousse with Hazelnut Dessert
- Kiwi Fruit & Cheese Pie, Hazelnut Crust, Shaved Ice
- Sweet as the Sun Smoothies
- Blueberry Basmati Rice Pudding with Blueberry Cassis Sorbet
- Hazelnut Gelato
- Strawberry Yogurt Cones
- Lime Habanero Cheesecake
- Harlequin Mousse