YIELD: 24 scones
6 cups flour, all-purpose
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup Crisco shortening
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
3 large eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
6 cups powdered sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup orange marmalade
6 Tbsps. lime juice, fresh
3 Tbsps. crystallized ginger, minced
- To make the scones: Preheat conventional oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl; mix well. Cut in Crisco shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine 11/4 cups cream, eggs and vanilla extract in small bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir to blend. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 5 to 6 times.
- Roll dough into three 7-inch wide/1-inch thick circles; cut each into 8 wedges. Arrange on parchment lined baking sheets. Brush tops lightly with remaining cream and bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, water, orange marmalade, lime juice and ginger in bowl and whisk to blend.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over scones.
Recipe submitted by Smuckers