Standard French baguettes cut into 10- 6” pieces
Ripe tomato slices
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Slices Monterey Jack Cheese
Chipotle en Adobo
Cumin seed, toasted, ground
Frozen orange juice concentrate
Salt & pepper to taste
- Remove chipotle peppers from can and rinse to remove most residual adobo.
- Place in blender and pulse until peppers have lost their shape.
- Add cumin, oil, orange juice concentrate and honey and blend until well incorporated.
- Divide into two air-tight containers and set aside.
- Place Cod tails on lined sheet pan and brush with blended mixture from 1st container.
- Cook as directed or until cod reaches internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and baste with mixture form 2nd container and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Build Tortas by placing avocado on bottom bun, then layer with Cod tail, tomato, cheese and top bun.
- Place Tortas in sandwich press and toast.
- Serve with chips and salsa or Latin style slaw.