Loaf ciabatta or sourdough
Pesto Mayonnaise, recipe follows
Dried cranberries or cherries
Coarsely grated Parmesan
Sliced Butterball Just Perfect turkey breast
Chiffonade Romaine lettuce
(packed) Fresh basil leaves (about 2 oz.)
Lightly toasted pine nuts
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly grated Parmesan
| Directions for Pesto Mayonnaise |
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper and puree, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With the machine running, add the oil through the feed tube and process until the mixture is thick and smooth. Add the Parmesan and process for 15 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, stirring to blend well.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yield: 3/4 cup
Directions for preparing Sandwich
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise and place on a work surface, cut sides up.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise on both sides of the bread and sprinkle the cranberries across the bottom slices.
- Top the cranberries with a light layer of the cheese and arrange the sliced turkey evenly over the cheese and top with the lettuce.