YIELD: 108 (3 oz.) servings
1 Tbsp. red chile adobo flavor concentrate (gluten-free)
1 ½ cups sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tsps. lime juice, fresh
54 corn tortillas
158 oz. tuna steaks
1 cup red chile adobo flavor concentrate (gluten-free)
3 1/3 cups olive oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine red chile adobo flavor concentrate, sour cream, mayonnaise and lime juice. Season to taste and reserve.
2. Per order: Fry corn tortilla in fryer, making sure it remains flat. Once crispy, remove from fryer and season. Reserve.
3. Portion tuna into 3 oz. blocks and place in storage container. Combine adobo concentrate with oil. Whisk together thoroughly. Completely cover the tuna in the marinade, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat grill on high. Grill tuna steak to desired doneness. Set aside.
5. Slice one tuna steak and half an avocado to the same thickness, approximately ¼ inch. Arrange them in a shingled fashion on the tostada. Drizzle with 1 tsp. of Adobo cream. Optional garnish: roasted corn, sliced jalapeno, fresh cilantro and some lime wedges.
Photo and recipe: Minor's