YIELD: 48 2-SLICE SERVINGS
½ 3.55-lb. carton unseasoned, extra-rich dry mashed potatoes
¼ cup garlic powder
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 gal. boiling water
8 oz. butter or margarine
1 cup cream or buttermilk
12 14" thin-crust pizza shells
5 lbs. Roma tomatoes, sliced
3 lbs. feta cheese, rinsed and crumbled
1 lb. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 cups sliced olives
2 cups chopped green onion
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup chopped fresh rosemary
1 cup chopped fresh oregano
Olive oil, as needed (optional)
1. To dry mashed potatoes mix in garlic powder, salt and pepper. Quickly whisk potato mixture into boiling water and remove from heat. Continue whisking until potatoes are smooth.
2. Beat in butter or margarine and cream or buttermilk until well blended.
3. Spread each pizza shell with about 1⅓ cups mashed potatoes. Arrange sliced tomato over the top of each pizza.
4. In a bowl, combine the feta, sun-dried tomatoes, olive, onion and herbs. Sprinkle 1¼ cups of this mixture over each pizza.
5. If desired, brush lightly with oil. Bake each pizza to order in a 425°F convection or pizza oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is softened slightly. Slice each pizza into 8 wedges.
Recipe and photo: Basic American Foods