YIELD: 12 servings
3 lbs. flank steak
1-1/2 cups lime juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tsps. fajita seasoning
3 large red onions, sliced and ringed
3 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2 x 1/4-in. strips
24 each flour tortillas
as needed condiments: grated cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- Slice steak across the grain in 2 x 1/4-in. strips. Place in zipper-locking plastic bag or pan.
- Combine lime juice and oil; pour over steak strips and marinate in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove strips from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle fajita seasoning on strips.
- Stir-fry beef over high heat in sprayed skillet, stirring constantly, until brown, about 3 minutes. Add onion rings and pepper strips and continue stir-frying until most of liquid is absorbed and onions are slightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately in flour tortillas with choice of condiments.
Recipe from Certified Angus Beef.