Tue, 2007-11-27 12:00
Yield: 12 servings
3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
2 1⁄2 oz. unsalted butter, melted
4 tsps. Tabasco Brand Chipotle Pepper
2 cups whole milk
2 Tbsps. gelatin, unflavored
6 cups heavy cream
1 lb. dark chocolate, broken into 1”
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Tabasco Brand Chipotle
Berries, for garnish
Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Make crust by combining cookie crumbs, melted butter and 4 tsps. Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Mix to combine.
- Line the inside edge of 3” by 11⁄2” PVC pipe molds or ring molds with parchment paper.
- Press approximately 1⁄4 cup crust mixture into the bottom of each mold. Set molds aside.
- Bloom gelatin in cold milk for 5 minutes. Place over medium heat to dissolve gelatin.
- Add cream, chocolate, sugar, vanilla and 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce.
- Stir frequently until mixture is hot and chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, stirring frequently until slightly warm to the touch.
- Gently portion approximately 5 fluid ounces into each ring mold.
- Cool under refrigeration until set, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, run a warm knife between the mold and the parchment paper, gently pushing out. Peel the parchment off and garnish with berries and chocolate shavings.
Grand prize recipe from Chef Gregory Retz, CEC, foodservice director, Beth Sholom Vi llage, Virginia Beach, VA, for the 2007 TABASCO® Brand Hottest Chef Contest. Photo: McIlhenny Company