YIELD: 20 SERVINGS
20 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. ea.)
4 cups fresh-squeezed Valencia orange juice
¼ cup Dijon mustard
¾ cup olive oil
RELISH:2 lbs. tangerines (Pixies, if available), peeled and wedged
COUSCOUS:5 cups Israeli couscous
1. Marinate chicken breasts with orange juice, Dijon mustard and ¾ cup olive oil for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
2. Toss all relish ingredients together in a bowl; set aside.
3. Cook couscous according to package directions until al dente. Strain couscous and rinse under cold water. Place in a bowl and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. While couscous is cooking, toss sweet peppers in ¼ cup of olive oil and coat lightly. Roast in a 350°F oven on a sheet pan for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Let cool and cut into thin strips; set aside.
5. Toss couscous, tomatoes, zucchini, basil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper with peppers and ¼ cup olive oil; set aside.
6. Pat chicken dry from marinade; discard marinade. In large skillet, heat ¼ cup olive oil to hot, almost smoking. Place chicken in skillet and sear one side until lightly browned. Place chicken browned-side-up on a sheet pan and cook in 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
7. Per serving: Place 4 oz. couscous in center of plate, top with 1 chicken breast, 2 oz. relish and optional mint sprig for garnish.
Recipe from Executive Chef John Leone, The Master's College, Newhall, CA. Photo from Bon Appetit Management Company.