A 13-year-old Chicago Public Schools student died on Friday, Dec. 17th from a severe allergic reaction to food she ate at her school, reports the Chicago Sun Times. The girl, a student at Thomas A. Edison Regional Gifted Center, reportedly had a peanut allergy and died of anaphylaxis. Her death was ruled an accident and the Chicago Tribune is reporting that the exposure came from peanut oil in takeout Chinese food that had been ordered for a class party. [UPDATE: This version corrects an ...

Register to view this Article

Why Register for FREE?

 

Registering for Premium Content on Food Management will give you INSTANT access to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’s FREE, easy and quick. 

Already registered? here.