The Hennessy Trophy is an annual award presented to Air Force installations with the best food service programs. This year marks the 56th anniversary of the single- and multiple-facility category competition. Here are the 2012 winners...
Incirlik Air Base, Turkey (single-facility category)
Hurlburt Field, FL (multiple-facility category)
In addition to these categories, special awards are given to the best food service operations in Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) and Air National Guard (ANG) as well as special awards for U.S. Air Forces in Europe Small Site, Air Force Global Strike Command Best Missile Feeding Operation, and Air Force Food Transformation. The 2012 winners in these categories are...
AFRC: 919th Force Support Squadron at Duke Field, FL
ANG (Disney Award): 162nd Fighter Wing, Force Support Squadron, Sustainment Services Flight in Tucson, AZ
USAFE Food Service Small Site award: 702nd Munitions Support Squadron at Buechel Air Base, Germany.
AFGSC Best Missile Feeding Operation: 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana
Best in Air Force Food Transformation: Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
Awards are based on the entire scope of an installation's food-service program. Winners must display excellence in management effectiveness, force-readiness support, food quality, employee and customer relations, resource conservation, training and safety awareness, officials said.
The Hennessy Travelers' Association Award of Excellence is determined each year by Hennessy evaluators on the single and multiple teams. Each team selects an Air Force military food service person who exemplifies the highest standards of professionalism, attitude, and culinary skills as the recipient of the award of excellence.
HTA nominees for single-facility category are:
• Senior Airman Brandon Drawns, McConnell Air Force Base, KS
• Staff Sgt. Kimberly Cockrell, Malmstrom AFB, Montana
• Senior Airman Mary Tanner, Beale AFB, California
• Airman 1st Class Justin Phillips, Tyndall AFB, Florida
• Senior Airman Brittani Fosdick, Kunsan Air Base, Korea
HTA nominees for multiple-facility category are:
• Staff Sgt. Orlando Piedrahita, Eglin AFB, Florida
• Staff Sgt. Jennifer Santillan, Hurlburt Field, Florida
• Senior Airman Oscar Vazquez, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey
• Airman 1st Class Jessica Ashe, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
• Senior Airman Tanica Case, Moody AFB, Georgia
• Senior Airman Randy Reyes, Kadena AB, Japan
The awards will be presented and HTA winners announced during the National Restaurant Association Show May 4-5 in Chicago.