YIELD: 24 SERVINGS
8 lbs. pork tenderloin, raw, trimmed
2 Tbsps. black pepper, coarse-ground
½ cup breakfast syrup
4 sweet potatoes, baked tender, peeled, warm
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 gallon chicken broth
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 qt. polenta, dry
6 Tbsps. butter
For Cayenne Pepper Syrup:
1 cup breakfast syrup
½ tsp. cayenne pepper, ground
1½ cups bacon, diced, cooked crisp
¾ cup walnut pieces, toasted
¼ cup parsley, fresh, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rub pork tenderloin with black pepper and breakfast syrup. Roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until tenderloin is cooked to desired doneness. Slice on bias to order.
3. Puree sweet potatoes with sweetened condensed milk until smooth; reserve.
4. Bring chicken broth and salt to boil in a heavy pot; slowly add polenta, whisking continually. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, whisking frequently. Stir in butter and sweet potato puree. Keep warm.
5. Combine second cup of breakfast syrup and cayenne pepper; whisk to blend.
6. To assemble each serving: Ladle 6 oz. of polenta on plate. Top with 5 oz. pork. Garnish pork with 1 Tbsp. crumbled bacon, ½ Tbsp. walnuts and ½ tsp. parsley. Drizzle with 2 tsps. cayenne syrup.
Photo and Recipe: Smucker Foodservice